Sunday, November 3, 2013

J.K Rowling Speech part 2

A.

 Three Tone Shifts
 Her tone was Proud as she spoke to the graduating class of Harvard as she spoke to them about their accomplishments.
It shifts into a Witty tone as she makes a joke to break the ice.
Then follows through with a Passionate tone, because she truly believed in the things she said.

Three words I did not understand include:

Inadvertently: without intention; accidentally.
Vicissitudes:a change of circumstances or fortune, typically one that is unwelcome or unpleasant.
Agoraphobia: extreme or irrational fear of crowded spaces or enclosed public places.

B.
how is your life changing others?
I believe I am a role model to my brother and younger cousins. I would hope I can change their life for the better by showing them they can how to be kind to others. I would like to teach them that having a good heart does not make you weak.

What inward achievements are changing the outside world?
By breaking my walls down and showing the world the true Jocelyn; I can influence others to not be afraid of who they are.

As you continue to advance in years, how do you hope to touch others?
I would love to show others being the good guy does not make you come out last. I want to earn a honest living and be independent so my brother will know how he can do the same. The most important message I want to convey to others is no matter how hard things seem to be, they will get better. Every obstacle in life is not a drop off, but a hill to success.

1 comment: