Sunday, October 6, 2013

Finishing "The Perks of Being A Wallflower"

Part A.
What is the overall meaning of "Perks of Being a Wallflower" (the Book)?
The overall meaning of the book is finding youself, and using the mishaps of life in a positive manner. One must take the cards they are dealt and build a house. In other words, take what life throws at you and make it into something positive.

Does the movie emphasize or change the overall meaning? How so?
The movie most certainly emphasizes the overall meaning by using background effects like music to give the audience a chance to become more empathetic.

Part B.

Replying to the letter written on February 23, 1992

Dear Charlie,

I have a brother around your age and I would hope he would do the same for me if I was put in that position.It is not good to lie to your parents however, under the circumstances it was very noble of you. Always be there for your sister and know deep down past the bratty teenage girl; she loves you very much. On to another important issue, smoking is a very bad habit therefore, I agree with your sister. Stop smoking! At your age there is so much more to live for than a puff of a cigarette and I hope you will realize that soon. I'm looking forward to more letters and I hope all is well outside of this incident.

Love always,
Jocelyn

No comments:

Post a Comment