Sunday, May 18, 2014

Final Reflection Blog

  • What was your favorite lesson this year and why?
  • My favorite lesson this year would be on The Kite Runner. I enjoyed the blogs, reading, and projects on character analysis. This is one book I would most certainly advise you to read with next years class. I enjoyed this lesson because the book was interesting to read and easy for any reader to understand. The overall message of the novel was great and the projects were more creative.

  • What was your least favorite lesson this year? Why?
  • This may not seem realistic considering no high school student always finds schoolwork fun and enjoyable, however I can not think of one single lesson I did not like.

  • Academically, what have you learned from this class?
  • I have learned many things throughout this year. I learned how to analyze what I read, write better essays, and many new literary devices that I did not quite understand before. If it was not for this class I would not be so sure and ready in my writing skills for college.

  • What life lessons have you learned from this class?
  • Life lessons I have learned from this class are numerous. After every book we read, I learned something new about myself and realized the empathy I have for others going through certain situations. I learned not to take things out on myself that I had no part in controlling, to not settle for less than I deserve, and that bad things may have happened in the past, however nothing is impossible of overcoming. You helped me realize how strong I was and how my impact in the world can change things more than I realize. You made us all feel like we all mattered and praised us for the good we done. I have not had many other teachers do that as well as you could.
    • What can I change and improve upon as an educator to make this class more beneficial for future classes
    I would not change many things because I must say, you have done an excellant job. The only thing that I believe would benefit future students would be teaching poetry earlier in the year and having an essay or two based on poetry in order to prepare for the exam.

  • Final thoughts and opinions
  • Thank you for being an amazing english teacher. You have helped me learn many new things in english, as well as learning new things about myself. This class has prepared me for the real world in so many ways. If it was not for you I would not be so sure of my success in college and life. Please continue to be one of the greatest people I know and most influential english teachers I have ever met. It has been an enjoyable year just by starting my day in your class room.

    * Just so you know, while writing this blog I thought about all the things we done this year. We shared so many good memories in your class. I am going to cry very much come next week. I love you!*

    No comments:

    Post a Comment