Monday, April 7, 2014

The Kite Runner Timed Writing Rating


1.       Examine the rubric closely. What score do you deserve based on that rubric? Justify why by giving examples.

 

I rated my essay as a 4 because it failed to correctly and fully respond to the prompt. There were little analysis and more plot summary, which is not what one is asked to do in the prompt. There is also not just one pivotal moment mentioned, which causes confusion within the essay.

 

2.        Read the student performance "Common errors" section. What common errors did you commit? If you were going to do this prompt over again, how would you correct these errors?

 

My vocabulary needs to be on a college level, there needs to be more analysis, better sentence structure, and more focus needs to be on one pivotal moment. If I could do this paper over I would correct all those mistakes and focus more on the topic and meaning of the work as whole.

 

3.        After reading the student response examples what have you learned? Is there anything specifically you would change in your own paper?

 

After reading the student response examples, I learned I need to focus on answering the prompt and analyzing better. I would also use better vocab and various sentence structures.

 

4.       What aspect of timed writings do you feel you need the most help on? What do you suggest we do in class to help with this?

 

The aspect of timed writings that I need the most help on is organizing the paper and focusing on the topic. Practicing graphic organizers would be the only way to help. For the most part, the mistakes were laziness on my part and I needed to take more time on the assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment